Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Good News

The good news keeps coming for Makenzie. I got a phone call yesterday from the head of the GHAGBA(Greater Houston Area Girls Basketball Association) telling me that Makenzie was the recipient of their "Heart of a Champion" Scholarship. I was so excited that I drove over to the school and ran out to track practice to tell Makenzie. Later we got an email from her basketball coach:

Subject: GHAGBA Scholarship

Coach,

Congratulations!  Your student-athlete has been chosen as the winner of our GHAGBA “Heart of a Champion” Scholarship.  

Please print this out and give it to your student-athlete.
   
Makenzie –

Congratulations!  We would love to honor you at our All-Star game this Saturday, at St. Thomas University, at 12:00 P.M.  If you and your family would like to attend, we will be announcing our scholarship winners at halftime.

To obtain your scholarship, please email or mail me a copy of your full-time enrollment to the university of your choice and I will then mail you a check at that time.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the sport we love, and I wish your continued success in the future!

Kristi Odom

GHAGBA President


Looks like we are going to a basketball game on Saturday.  

No comments: