Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving minus the food

We started our Thanksgiving morning out by the girls and I running the Turkey Dash (5K). It was 78 degrees and about 90% humidity during the race. It was muggy!!!Dale came and took a few pictures of us during the race and then headed to the Jr High for the Turkey Bowl, which he and Jacob played in. After running and football we cleaned up and I made dinner and we ate. That night a cold front blew through so Dale built a fire outside and the kids roasted marshmallows and had s'mores instead of pumpkin pie.
The girls and I before the race 
This is just after mile 2 so I'm almost done

Brittney after mile 2

Makenzie


Brittney crossing the finish line. I had the camera so no pics of me finishing.
I guess I could have tried to take one of myself. 
 Makenzie finishing strong

My friend Liz and I

Jacob as the QB. It was the Young Men vs Old Dudes from the ward

Shawn was after Jacob all morning! He finally caught him once and was pretty excited!

Dale went to play with the Young Men, they needed his help!

My guys...minus Matthew
What a stud!!!

Dale's awesome catch!

After a morning of sports

FIRE!!



Can you guess who Jacob was cheering for??

Sammie giving Brittney a kiss

Peach giving Makenzie loves







Yummy S'mores !!

2 comments:

grandma/mom said...

Kelly said he had such a great time hanging out with your family. He said everyone was so laid back and fun! He wants his family to be that way too:) Love the pictures!

Cassie said...

way to go! Did you finish before your girls?? very impressive. I'm sure i sat on the couch most of the day :)