Monday, November 30, 2009

Randomness

Here are a few random things from the pasts few weeks:


Saturday I was at the High School football game and I received a text from Matthew. He told me that BYU had vintage uniforms on. I jokingly text him back and asked if they were from 1984(that was the year they won the National Championship and I was also there). He text me back and said, "yep". I really didn't think that the 80's would be "vintage". Next time BYU calls and wants money I will tell them I'm too vintage to donate and find someone younger.



The night before Thanksgiving I was making the pumpkin pie. I had to make it in our roaster oven since my regular ovens are not working. As I raised the pie out of the oven on the roasting rack, the hot pie slide off the rack and hit the floor. The bad thing was that the pie plate was glass. Dale heard the crash from upstairs and asked what happened. He came down to see the mess and I was about to have him go get my camera so I could take a picture of the destroyed pie, but soon saw that I was bleeding all over the floor. As I fixed all my cuts, Dale got out the shop vac and cleaned up the mess and then I mopped. It was hard coming into the house and smelling the pie, but knowing there wasn't one. Late Thursday morning I was drying my hair and Dale came into the bathroom and told me we had a pie. My friend Karen shared her extra one with our family. It was no big deal to not have a pie, but it should made me thankful for such thoughtful friends! Our family truly appreciated the thought.




This next picture is for my brother Jerry. He is a high school basketball ref in Colorado.

Jerry, when you look like this, please, please, please hang up your whistle. We have had this guy ref Makenzie's Jr. High games and sometimes he's paired with the second oldest ref in the area. This poor guy can't remember what number he called the foul on or even what he called sometimes. He's probably a really nice man, but a little forgetful for a ref and should not be reffing at the High School level.





No comments: