Tuesday, April 21, 2009

NHS Induction

Brittney had her National Honor Society Induction Ceremony last night. We are proud of her. Brittney coming into the auditorium
Brittney getting her award. As they read their names they told what some of the teachers had said about them. The first comment was that the teacher could always count on her asking intelligent questions. After that comment I didn't hear the rest for 2 reasons. First, I was thinking I'm glad she ask intelligent questions somewhere, she is very smart, but once in awhile ask the silliest questions. Matthew especially likes to tease her about that. Second, people kept walking in front of me while I was trying to get her picture, RUDE! This was the only one I got with out someone in front of my camera.

After her award. Sorry it was so dark in there.

At the reception with friends
What cute girls!

With Mom



I love this certificate. It says Britt. They asked them if they had any nicknames. She of course said Britt, because we call her that in basketball. I don't think she meant for that to go on her certificate.
The kids are growing up too fast. As I sat there waiting for this to start, I was thinking it was Matthew doing this 2 years ago, but it seemed like yesterday. I sat there holding back the tears, I was also having one of those days where everything was making me think about Matthew. I finally told myself this was Brittney's moment and got through it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations Britt!

grandma/mom said...

Brittney seems like such a wonderful girl inside and out. Tell her congrats from us too. You are doing such a great job with your kids. You deserve kudos too.