Monday, December 8, 2008

Why I Haven't Done Any Christmas Shopping

It was a busy week and even busier weekend. I spent most of the beginning of the week putting up Christmas decorations and trees and even got the outside lights up. I usually have it all done just before Thanksgiving and put the finishing touches on right after. Well this year with football, basketball and soccer it just didn't get done that early. This weekend was full of basketball, soccer and lots of driving. Brittney was in a basketball tournament Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Makenzie was in a soccer tournament Saturday and Sunday. Friday I picked Dale up from work and we drove to Britt's game. It was about an hour north of us, actually on Friday it took us about 95 minutes with rush hour traffic. On Friday night Makenzie headed to her tournament with some teammates and stayed in a hotel since her games were 2 hours away. On Saturday, Dale drove to Makenzie's games and I drove to Britt's games. Brittney's team won 1st place in the tournament. We got home late afternoon. Dale got home around 6:30 and we cleaned up and went to his work Christmas Party, oh sorry, Holiday Party. I don't want to offend anyone. We got home late and got up early and headed back to Makenzie games at 5:45 am. She had an 8am game. Makenzie stayed there with the team. After winning both games and winning 1st place we came home. After 575 miles on the new Suburban and 250 on the old one, we had a successful sports weekend, but very worn out. I spent today doing laundry, ironing, grocery shopping, cleaning house and blogging. When will I get my Christmas shopping done?

Brittney is the only one ever crossing her legs. I guess that's her 5th grade Cotillion paying off..

She was warning me to put the camera up. She is playing and doesn't want another injury.

I will defend you with my white eyes. What's up with white eyes. I can get rid of the red, but not the white.

1st place!! That's 2 tournament wins!

Good stop! It was a chilly morning!

Kick!!

Kick again. A little warmer this game!

We are #1

Makenzie with Dad, her favorite soccer coach!

Mom and Makenzie

Team with their 1st place medals

Tired from a weekend of soccer or staying up late with friends in a hotel.
You decide.

2 comments:

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

Two words. On-line. Can you shop from cell phones yet? I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out texting.

needlenut said...

Life can get really crazy sometimes. I remember those days of trying to get to everyone's games or Koshares. It is a great time of life though so really enjoy it. You get old too soon.