Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Day After

What do you do after a hurricane when you get your power back and you have no church? Blog of course. We were really blessed to not have the damage that other's in Houston have. There are still 2 million people without power. There are people in our ward still without power and the church doesn't have any either. I thought I'd share a few pictures I took right before and after Ike. I didn't take any during the storm since it was dark and my lively hood doesn't depend on me standing outside in 80mph winds to get the story. We set up the security cameras to record on the DVR, but lack of power prevented that from happening.



Here Dale is helping the neighbor board up their windows







Dale and I standing in the wind after the power went out













Drying the towels that were in the washer when the power went out.










Matthew with his glow necklace so we could find him in the dark. I guess he forgot how white he is.









Pretending we are flying because it is so windy.










Here are a few pictures and videos from the day after the storm.




When we got up.



A subdivision we came across when Dale was out looking at some of his area's of operation. The pictures speak for themselves.



What kids do when they don't have power to play video games.

Jacob knocking down a pass.

Dale, it was a rough few days!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am glad yoy guys are ok and fortunate enough to get your power back quickly.