Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Survived


I'm home from a week in the great outdoors. It was one of the hottest camping trips I have ever been on. We had cabins with cots, but it was still hot at night. The first night no one slept because of the heat. It got a little better during the week since we got rain. I had a great time despite the heat, but was sure glad to get home and will be even happier to sleep in my own bed in A/C!!!

My favorite part of camp is a street sign as you enter the camp. Let me remind you this is a Girl Scouts of America Camp. I tried to get a picture a couple of years ago on a disposable camera, through a window, and it didn't turn out, but I made sure I got it this year.

As we left camp today I said,

"Now we leave the land of Dick Nunn and to a place where they have some"

3 comments:

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

Aunt Marti, You are without question totally all right. THAT is hilarious. :)

Erica said...

Haha! I remember when you tried to get the picture the first time. We were picking up Makenzie from camp. Wow has it already been a few years...where does the time go? :)

Karen said...

Hi Marti, I found your link on Liz's blog and just had to comment on the picture, it's hilarious! Hope you're over your camp hangover and enjoying A/C.

Karen
web.me.com/karentx/